This Privacy statement & policy applies to all personal data that Revolv collects and processes from you.
By using the (mobile) website, apps, web shops and other products and services of Revolv, you agree that this Privacy statement & policy applies to the personal data processed by Revolv.
Revolv reserves the right to change this Privacy statement & policy at any time. You can always find the applicable version on the Revolv website.
1. Who we are
Revolv is a trademark registered under Ogon Consulting Services bvba. We are a training and consultancy company. Our website address is: http://www.revolv.be.
2. What personal information we collect and why we collect it
Data that you provide directly to Revolv
- Identification and contact information: name, first name, address and place of residence, e-mail address, telephone or mobile phone number, date of birth, age, gender, …;
- Financial information: bank account number, BIC code, name of the account holder, …;
- Log-in data related to a user account: (user) name, e-mail address, password, security question and answer, connection times, …;
- Learning data: your progress in our online courses, your personal profile, your comments, uploaded documents, votes,…;
- Assessment data: your and you collaborators responses to 180° and 360° assessments, CoreTalents assessments,…;
- Information concerning the products and / or services you wish to order, favorite products or services, interests, preferences you pass on via our (mobile) websites, apps, webshops, …;
- Complaints or feedback via our support channels regarding your experience with Revolv, comments, suggestions, testimonials and all other feedback;
- Other data and content that you exchange, communicate and share through the Revolv products, (mobile) websites, apps, web shops, … such as text, images, sound recordings, etc.
When visitors leave comments on the site and on our digital learning platform Curatr, we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and the browser operator series to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should not upload images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors to the website can download location data and extract images from the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you can choose to store your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to re-enter your details if you leave another note. These cookies are kept for a year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal information and will be deleted when you close your browser.
When you sign up, we will also set different cookies to store your login information and your screen display options. Log in cookies are stored for two days and cookies for screen options are kept for one year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will remain for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the sign-in cookies will be deleted.
When you edit or publish an article, an extra cookie is stored in your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal information and simply shows the postal ID of the item you have just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may contain embedded content (for example, videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as when the visitor has visited the other website.
Google uses this information to keep track of how our website is used, to provide reports on the Website to Revolv and to provide its advertisers with information about the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Revolv has no influence on this. Revolv has not authorized Google to use Analytics information obtained through Revolv for other Google services.
We also use Learning Locker, a Learning Record Store, to collect your learning & assessment data. This data is used to analyse your performance and engagement before, during and after our courses and to optimize our courses and give you personalized recommendations.
3. How we process your data
Personal data are processed by Revolv for the following purposes:
- The realization and execution of an agreement with you (such as closing subscriptions, ordering products and / or services, creating a user account, …), as well as invoicing and monitoring and collecting these invoices, whether or not via third parties;
- Making it possible to exchange, create and delete certain information and / or contact other users on (mobile) websites, apps, web shops, …;
- The continuous improvement, maintenance and optimization of our products, services, (mobile) websites, apps and their security, as well as the optimization of general, commercial and marketing strategies of Revolv;
- Personalizing the products and / or services to be delivered to you and the accompanying support services, user information, service messages or other related (electronic) messages;
- The targeted and optimally tailored sending of advertisements, newsletters and information. To this end, Revolv can bundle your preferences and interests in a profile. Wolters Kluwer will always request your permission before using advanced profiling techniques;
- Compliance with the regulations applicable to Revolv in the broadest sense;
- Other specific purposes for which separate permission can be requested.
4. With whom we share your information
Revolv may share your personal data with partners, suppliers or other employees of Revolv when the processing by these third parties is necessary for the realization, the execution, the use, the collection, the access or the handling with regard to products, services, (mobile) websites, apps, webshops, …. With these partners, suppliers or other appointees, the necessary agreements have always been concluded that restrict the use and processing of your personal data and that guarantee sufficient protection of your personal data.
If your consent is legally required or we believe that your consent is appropriate depending on the circumstances, we will always ask for this permission before we share your personal data or forward it to a country outside the European Economic Area.
Your personal data will only be released in accordance with this Privacy statement & policy and / or if this is legally required. In rare cases, Revolv may have to disclose your personal information pursuant to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. Revolv will reasonably attempt to inform you in advance in this respect, unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
Our partners, suppliers or other appointees may only use your personal data to send you offers, newsletters and other commercial information, if you have given separate permission for this. If you no longer wish to receive this, you can always contact these third parties to stop this use of the personal data (see point 8 of this Privacy statement & policy).
Finally, personal data can always be anonymized and shared with third parties. In this case you will never be identified on the basis of this anonymised data.
How long we save your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and the metadata are saved indefinitely. This is so that we can automatically recognize and approve all follow-up comments instead of keeping them in a moderator’s queue.
For users who register on our website, we also store the personal information they have stored in their user profile. All users can see, edit or delete their personal information at any time (except that they can not change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit that information.
5. What rights do you have about your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal information we hold about you, including all the information you have provided to us. You can also ask to delete all personal information we have about you. This does not include all data that we are required to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
To this end, you can contact Revolv via the contact information as included in point 6 of this Privacy statement & policy.
You also have the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority: privacycommission.be. (Printing Street 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0) 2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0) 2 274 48 35).
6. Our contact information
Revolv.be is a website of Ogon Consulting Services bvba. Ogon Consulting Services bvba can be reached as follows:
Iwan Gilkinstraat 14, 1030 Schaarbeek
Company number: BE 0553.478.832
Phone: +32 485 430506
Email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Additional information
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data
When ordering products, Revolv is legally responsible for processing. At the moment that a project is started from a company where activities for and for employees are carried out, the client is responsible for the processing.
How we protect your data
Revolv takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. The Revolv website uses a reliable SSL Certificate to ensure that your personal data does not fall into the wrong hands.
If you have the impression that your data is not secure or that there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of personal data collected by Revolv, please contact Revolv via email@example.com.
What happens in case of a ‘data breach’
A data breach occurs when the data for which your company/organisation is responsible suffers a security incident resulting in a breach of confidentiality, availability or integrity. If that occurs, and it is likely that the breach poses a risk to an individual’s rights and freedoms, we will notify the supervisory authority without undue delay, and at the latest within 72 hours after having become aware of the breach. When we are the data processor it must notify every data breach to the data controller.
If the data breach poses a high risk to those individuals affected then they will all also be informed, unless there are effective technical and organisational protection measures that have been put in place, or other measures that ensure that the risk is no longer likely to materialise.
As an organisation we implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to avoid possible data breaches.
From which third parties we receive data
We receive the only data that we process online from the data subjects themselves.
For our other activities, data is collected from the parties involved, but also via the employer of the person concerned. This can be a managerial or an HR department.
Existence of automated individual decision making
Revolv does not use automated individual decision-making because this is not necessary for our services. This means that Revolv does not, for example, do profiling.